Sugar Shack Records will next month put out a compilation album called Compendulum.
The new 16-track album, available on CD and digital download, comes out on 10 June.
According to Sugar Shack the album “isn't a compilation, it's not a remix project, it's not the vision of one producer or musician, it's not old and it's not new, yet it is also in part all of those things and most importantly totally fresh and enjoyable.”
CHRIS POTTER aka COMPENDULUM joined the Bristol-based Arts Opportunity Theatre Company in 1981 becoming the keyboard player for ZION BAND, who provided mostly reggae based live musical backing for the Freedom City theatre production.
Post-Freedom City, Potter was invited to join Bristol roots reggae band TALISMAN.
Compendulum is a unique album which sees Potter exploring the Bristol/Reggae Archive and Sugar Shack catalogues old and new, released and unreleased in a new approach.
The album tracklisting is:
1. BLACK SYMBOL - “Feeling Irie”
2. JASHWHA MOSES - “What a Situation”
3. CAPITAL LETTERS - “Jah Music”
4. BLACK SYMBOL - “Jah Children Come First”
5. PRINCE GREEN (DRUMMIE) - “Cross Country Driver”
6. BLACK SYMBOL - “Jah and I”
7. BUNNY MARRETT - “Noise”
8. PRINCE GREEN (DRUMMIE) - “Slave”
9. BLACK SYMBOL - “Trouble Trouble”
10. BUNNY MARRETT - “Bristol Rock” (Extended Version)
11. BLACK SYMBOL – “Feeling Irie” (Drub A Dub)
12. JASHWHA MOSES - “What a Situation” (Drub A Dub)
13. CAPITAL LETTERS - “Jah Music” (Drub A Dub)
14. BUNNY MARRETT - “Mystic Man” (Drub A Dub)
15. BLACK SYMBOL - “Trouble Trouble” (Drub A Dub)
16. BUNNY MARRETT - “Noise” (Drub A Dub)